L. Dean Chapman
Distinguished Alumni 2009
- BS '75, Southwestern Oklahoma State University
- PhD '81, Purdue University
Dean Chapman is a Professor of Anatomy and Cell Biology at the University of Saskatchewan where he holds a Tier I Canada Research Chair in X-ray Imaging and is the scientific lead for the Biomedical Imaging and Therapy Beamline Projects at the Canadian Light Source Synchrotron. Before joining the University of Saskatchewan, Chapman was a member of the Physics faculty and Director of the Center for Synchrotron Radiation Research and Instrumentation at the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, IL. As a researcher, he has authored over 70 articles in the area of x-ray optics and Diffraction Enhanced Imaging and has received over $23 million in funding since 2003. In addition, he holds 6 patents and serves as Chief Scientific Officer for Nesch, LLC, located in the Purdue Research Park in Merrillville, IN, and Vice-President of Quercus X-ray Technologies in Oak Park, IL.
- 2003 Named Professor and Canada Research Chari in X-ray Imaging, Anatomy and Cell Biology Department, University of Saskatchewan
- 2002 Appointed Professor, Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences, Illinois Institute of Technology
- 1995 Named Director of Synchrotron Radiation Research and Instrumentation, Illinois Institute of Technology